Why a Missions Mentoring Course?
Missions Mentoring is doing what is necessary to help you get where you want or need to go, specifically for cross-cultural missions.
This course will help you:
- Pay attention to the gospel story that God is writing in your own life before, during and after a short-term missions trip;
- Maximize your investment of time, money, and energy for a short-term mission trip so that the outcomes are permanent and deep rather than temporary and superficial;
- Focus intentionally on preparation, field-orientation, debriefing and long-term follow-up; otherwise, it doesn’t happen.
- Courses meet once a week for five weeks via conference call;
- Each participant identifies a mentor who takes the course with them;
- Participants prepare for each class by reading and completing designated assignments.
- preparing your heart
- understanding your role in God’s story
- knowing yourself and your team
- spiritual gifts
- responding to cultural conflict
- expectations and flexibility
- crossing cultures
- worldview and spiritual warfare
- daily living tips
- host country training
- making the most of your time of service
- returning home and integration